SPECIALIST IN PLASTICS PROCESSING AND CHARACTERIZATION
Intertek Group plc is a leading and successful international provider of laboratory, quality, certification, and safety services. In our over one hundred years in business, we have ensured the quality and safety of our customers' products, processes, and systems. Intertek's international network encompasses more than 1,000 laboratories with over 43,000 employees.
Intertek Polychemlab B.V., our branch located in the ‘Chemelot Chemical & Science Park’ in Geleen near the border with Germany and Belgium, employs more than 200 professional analysts, technicians, experts, and consultants. We supply our knowledge to the automobile, packaging, petrochemical, chemical, and polymer industries in Western Europe. Intertek's core activities include advising on, certifying, and characterizing the processability of plastics on a laboratory or pilot scale, and translating this into applications for the packaging, automobile, and other industries.
We are looking for new and talented colleagues educated to at least higher vocational education (HBO) level to join our team of analysts at the Geleen branch. The team specializes in processing and characterizing plastics. As an Application Specialist, you will be responsible for carrying out the more complex assignments or tests, and will also act as the go-to person for questions from colleagues, adopt an active role in knowledge development, and be in direct contact with the sales department so as to translate customer questions relating to plastics into a plan of action with suitable measurement methods.
Skills profile and areas of responsibility:
- Maintaining the knowledge of technical developments within the area of work. Implementing this knowledge effectively in collaboration with others inside your area of work.
- Making no concessions on quality and proactively discussing in your area of work how products and services can be improved.
- Ability to process customer questions thematically.
- Developing and validating applications on existing and new equipment.
- Selecting test frameworks; interpreting, reporting on, and explaining test results; and providing advice on possible follow-up steps.
- Acting as a sounding board for technical queries from Intertek's employees and customers.
- We are looking for candidates with a completed bachelor/university degree (HBO/WO), preferably in the field of material technology with a focus on plastics.
- Strong analytical abilities and natural leadership skills.
As part of this full-time position, Intertek offers attractive working conditions, flexible working hours, and plenty of development and career opportunities.
If you would like more information or send an application, please contact:
Ms L. Vliegen, HR Officer, via e-mail at email@example.com