Our client is Berry Plastics (former Avintiv) in Cuijk – the Netherlands (www.berryplastics.com and www.avintiv.com), world market leader in specialty and engineered materials. Berry Plastics creates a world of protection through three divisions: Consumer Packaging, Engineered Materials and Health, Hygiene & Specialties (HH&S). The product family Wipes (part of the HH&S division) provides specialized wiping materials that help consumers and companies address critical household, personal and professional cleaning needs. We are looking for an ambitious, freshly graduated Chemical Technologist m/f, to strengthen the Product Development (PD) team Wipes.
The PD team is operating within a fast changing and demanding industry and innovative company, and is often confronted with assignments that require a sound knowledge in organic chemistry. The products involved in this industry are water based binders, colour pigments, surfactants, synthetics and cellulose fibres applied wipes, hygiene and health care non-woven consumer articles.
JUNIOR PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Chemical Technologist in organic chemistry
The Product Development Specialist role is designed to strengthen and support the PD team Wipes in running development programs on budget and according to the market needs. The assignments are of various nature as for e.g.:
- Running projects as registration and certifying our products at external institutions.
- Supporting purchase in acquiring the right chemical products for our production team.
- Assisting production in new product ingredient qualification tests.
- Running PD related trials in our plant and sister plants within Europe.
- Pro-actively making sure our products comply with regulations of the operated market.
- Explore possible chemical solutions and causes related to technical challenges facing.
As a junior PD member you will be a fully-integrated member of the Product Development Department, starting with a 1 year juniors training. You will attend several meetings to provide a wider perspective on the wipes development process in the nonwoven industry. The PD team and other colleagues will be involved in your development to further gain knowledge and skills to utilize your capacity in solving day-to-day challenges and supporting the company goals.
You are based in Cuijk (N-Br., The Netherlands). A competitive package, being part of an innovating global market leader and room for development will be offered to attract the right candidate.
Interested in this challenging position?
- Strong background in organic chemistry, educated on a bachelor or master level.
- Recent graduates or some experience in a similar role (0-3 years).
- Ready to work in a production environment (when running trials).
- Able to work in a rapidly changing, high performance organization.
- Willing to cope with the administration work involved to accomplish your tasks.
- Basic laboratory skills, statistical analysis and design of experiment are beneficial.
- Highly motivated, pro-active and results driven.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Full fluency in Dutch and English. German and French is beneficial.
- Able to travel within Europe (10-15%).
Send your resume and application letter in English to email@example.com
. For further details please contact drs. Ankie J.M. Höppener-Lauwers, Managing Consultant of VectorHR, Berry’s exclusive recruitment partner for this position. Direct number +31 6 51128525.