Position: Software developer
Location: Heerlen, NL
The worldwide increasing pressure to assure future food production requires more and more information about crop performance and health. Our unique multispectral 3D sensor technology, together with our intelligent analytics software, we process data in real time and automate a wide range of agriculture related applications from the lab to the field.
We assess millions of plants every day and evaluate trials of plant scientists or guide precision harvesting robots in the fields.
Our team comes from diverse backgrounds in plant science, agriculture, physics, computer vision and business. With this expertise, we have developed a world class sensor and analytics software and applied our products world-wide.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated person to play a key role in our R&D team and push forward our analytical platform. As a primary software developer, you will work in our multi-disciplinary environment and will participate in the design and programming of software controlling high-throughput plant screening machines and high-level data analysis. You will work with a high degree of independence and responsibility, but we will actively support you in your development. If you have the right profile, team lead responsibilities are also possible. The role will include work in the following areas:
- Make our software more efficient and less resource consuming
- Use modern C++ with boost library
- Develop new tools and improve our 3D data- and computer vision processing algorithms
- Improve our database structure to make it more efficient for processing larger data sets
- Make use of technology you want to achieve your goals
In addition, the following are a plus:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or similar is preferable
- Experience in Software design and implementation
- Very good C++ programming skills
- Experience in DB design concepts and Postgres SQL
- Confidence in Linux environment
We offer you at Phenospex:
- Software development for Linux systems and Linux administration
- Skills in other programming and scripting language, like Python and R
- Experience with hardware related programming
- Experience doing data analysis
- Fulltime position at Phenospex
- A nice and inspiring working environment (English is company language)
- We actively support your development
- Flexible work hours
- Team activities on our campus
- 30 vacation days (+ additional public holidays)
Please send your CV with “C++ Software Developer” in the subject line and brief explanation why your interests and background match this position. Phenospex offers competitive compensation.
Contact: Stefan Schwartz, email@example.com
, T: + 31 457 111 693
Telefonische acquisitie n.a.v. deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld