Quantum Controls B.V.
(QCBV) is the leading manufacturer of roll-stabilizer systems for mega-yachts and other marine vessels. All of Quantum’s stabilizer units and controls were developed at QCBV and are mainly produced in house. QCBV owns various patents related to roll-stabilizer systems. QCBV is based in Nuth in the Netherlands and is parts off the Quantum Group. Marketing and sales of the stabilizer systems is done by Quantum Marine Engineering based in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Roll stabilization has acquired significant attention and importance for ship owners over the past years. In response to this QCBV accommodates an internal R&D department covering all aspects of roll-stabilization to safe-guard their present and future success. The hydrodynamic properties of a stabilizer system in combination with the static, dynamic and hydrodynamic properties of the vessel determine its motion under all cruising, wind and sea-conditions. Therefore, a thorough and up-to-date understanding of the issues involved in this area is vital.
- Developing mathematical and numerical hydromechanic models of stabilizer effectors (fins, rotors, etc) and stabilizer/ship combinations
- Create calculation tools for system sizing and performance predictions of stabilizer systems to be used by sales-department and engineers
- CFD and other hydromechanic calculations on stabilizer models.
- Explore new ways of stabilization and contribute in inventing new systems
- Attend conferences in the field of hydrodynamics related to roll stabilization of marine vessels
- Cooperate with research institutes and other entities in the relevant field
- Publish reports and results in relevant magazines and scientific publications
- Prepare, attend and evaluate model tests for roll-stabilization of vessels (i.e. with the attendance of the client)
- Relevant engineering degree with emphasis on hydromechanics or similar
- Talented in mathematics and numerical engineering
- Passion for physics and research work
- Experience with using computer-based simulation tools (e.g. MathCAD, Simulink)
- Dutch or German as native language, English fluently
- Good communicator
- Looking forward to cooperate in a highly motivated and dynamic team
- Willing to travel internationally including over-night stays (not extensively)
- Willing to live near Nuth (distance less than 40km)
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form
For questions and more information about the Hydrodynamic Engineer vacancy, please contact Patrick Boumans () on phone number 045-5778430.
Acquisitie n.a.v. deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.