TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (BILINGUAL SPEAKER) – ECHT /LIMBURG
What you will do
As a Technical Support Specialist you will provide high quality, innovative, technical support for Security Product’s for a diversified customer base and support customer logging technical issues through the provision of telephone and or field support. Furthermore you will provide commissioning and related services inclusive of fault finding, customer and integrator on/off site training and upgrades.
How you will do it
What we look for
- Assist with technical issues which also includes handling phone support calls offering customers the best resolve, solutions and answers to all technical inquires
- Able to document technical issues accurately so that issues can be tracked, escalated and closed with satisfaction for all customers.
- Enter all problems into databases so that all information can be tracked and utilized for the betterment of the customer and internally.
- Fulfils other relevant technical support duties, as defined by the manager, in order to be successful within the technical support department.
- Works according given instructions and within quality procedures and –regulations, as described in the quality manual, in such way that internal and external quality demands are met.
- Works, according to given policies and guidelines regarding HSE, in such way that for the employee self and his colleges a safe, healthy and pleasant work environment is created.
- Offer field support when issues cannot be solved by phone and more information is needed to close and solve customer issues.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S.) from a college or university with relevant work related experience; or equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Experience in supporting various electronic or IT solutions in a field environment installing, troubleshooting and understanding specialized hardware, software and networking equipment in a technical capacity.
- Electronics: Experience in electronic principles and technology.
- Software: Thorough Windows commissioning and administration knowledge – especially 2008 or 2012 ( knowledge of Linux is beneficial)
- Hardware: Understand PCB technology including flashing boards and configurations using switches and jumpers, adding RAM and CPU chips, configure, and install PC boards (e.g. VGA boards, CPUs, SCSI controllers, network cards).
- Databases: Core skills for building, managing and troubleshooting databases around Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or 2012.
- Networking: CCNA certified or equivalent who has an advanced understanding of TCP/IP addressing and configuration, Ethernet networks, hubs, routers, network security and Lan/Wan switching. Ability to perform complex network troubleshooting.
- Fluent language skills in English/Italian OR English/Spanish (Dutch is not required but certainly beneficial)
Does this opportunity sound of interest to you? Then we look forward to receiving your application via our website
or send your application directly to Ellen Verbeek (Talent Acquisition Specialist BeNeLux) via email@example.com
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.