Are you a Health & Safety specialist and looking for a new challenge?
Do you have a couple of years of experience in (chemical) process industry and ready for the next step in your career?
We are looking for you!
HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR
You provide professional Health & Safety (HS) advice and support to all levels within the organization in order to develop and maintain effective management systems, ensure compliance with legal and other PQ Group Standards and focus on continual improvement plans to reduce the risk of harm to people and minimize associated business losses.
You work closely with other members of the European HS functional support team to develop consistently high standards of HS practice and performance across the European operations of the PQ Group.
The most important tasks:
- Ensure a high level of physical presence and visible-felt leadership across all operational and support areas on site;
- Provide support for line management in the development of behaviour-based safety programmes and the development of a positive safety culture based on the principles of worker engagement and performance excellence;
- Support line management by providing technical health and safety, and with the maintenance of all licence-to-operate issues;
- Work with the HS Manager for the Netherlands to maintain the Dutch HS compliance management system and maintain a relevant understanding of current Dutch legal requirements;
- Support the HS Manager for the Netherlands with the development and maintenance of ISO management systems and certifications;
- Provide support for and coordination with the HS Manager for the Netherlands in their lead role for HS contacts with regulating authorities, insurers, solicitors and consultants;
- Provide technical health and safety advice and support to PQ Group sites in order to reduce incidents and to carry out and support incident investigations and follow-ups as necessary,
- Monitor and report all HS performance metrics and KPIs
From a Health & Safety advisor we expect:
- A more than fair salary;
- A private collective agreement with good conditions such as over 35 days of leave;
- Corporate fitness and various other possibilities in the field of vitality;
- Opportunities for development and training / courses;
- Unprecedented good working atmosphere within an (international) team.
- Travel allowance, pension scheme and collective health insurance.
- A job in a company with a rich history that is growing rapidly.
- BSc. Degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or equivalent technical subject required;
- Post Graduate HS qualification and membership of related professional association with CPD program preferred (eg. NEBOSH Diploma, IEMA, CSP, CMIOSH, BvAA, etc.)
- At least 3 years relevant experience working in process / chemicals / manufacturing environment;
- Familiarity with Dutch/European regulations for H&S, together with effective techniques for complying with the requirements and negotiating permitting strategies within NL;
- Strong personal empowerment, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Persistent and pragmatic, with the strength and courage to overcome obstacles to meet challenging goals;
- Excellent communications skills at all levels, with flexibility in approach and the ability to work with minimal supervision essential.
- A good command Dutch & English language is a requirement. Knowledge of French is an advantage
PQ Corporation is a global manufacturer of inorganic chemicals with more than 70 production locations in 20 countries and 5 continents. With its products PQ serves a wide variety of industries, such as detergents, personal care, chemicals, pulp and paper and oil processing. PQ Corporation employs 2,500 people worldwide and has its headquarters in Malvern, USA.
Information about the position can be obtained from Nicole Crapels HR Manager The Netherlands, 06-22285145
Further information about the PQ organization can be found on www.pq.com
You can send your application letter with curriculum vitae via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org