PRODUCT MANAGER NEW BUSINESS
Are you an experienced Product Manager in a new business environment? Do you like to be responsible for grasping new opportunities and are you looking for a new challenge? Welcome to GRODAN…
This is who we are
GRODAN is part of the ROCKWOOL Group and global leader in offering advanced stone wool growing media solutions for plants.
This is the role
GRODAN has a job opening for a Product Manager for new business, in our case new crops. In this position, you will develop the product portfolio, support the sales department and build and maintain the network in the industry. You will be part of the business development team and responsible for the roll out of the strategic plans developed by the Business Development Manager. Your primary goal is to become the expert on the new crop and drive this business within GRODAN.
As a Product Manager, you are mainly responsible for building expertise and develop new crop solutions. You are also responsible for technical sales, marketing support and market visits together with your colleagues from various departments. Off course you (further) develop a network within GRODAN and the broader Industry. Overtime, these activities should result in that the new crop becomes part of the GRODAN core business as is the case for tomato, cucumber and pepper.
The Product Manager reports directly to the Business Development Manager. The position is based in Roermond, but you must also be able and willing to travel internationally on a regular basis (+/- 25% of your time).
This is what you offer
This is what we offer
- Bachelor degree, preferably in a horticultural educational background;
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in consultative selling;
- Ability to translate customer demands in GRODAN solutions;
- Strategic vision on product management in a new business environment;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both Dutch and English;
- Knowledge of business to business processes;
- Experience with project based way of working;
- Research and development understanding and skills;
- Experience with managing product portfolios.
- A persuasive, creative, curious, sales minded and ‘hands-on’ personality.
A challenging job within a growing, international and ambitious company with high quality products and systems, working in a pleasant, informal culture with short communication lines and a 'hands on' mentality. In addition to a competitive salary and good fringe benefits, ROCKWOOL also offers ample opportunities to work on your further personal development.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and in this challenge, we kindly invite you to apply via the button below or by sending your CV + motivation letter to email@example.com