FILM DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
FP International produces innovative protective packaging materials and systems. With our portfolio of air cushion and loosefill products, we take a leading market position in the area of tailor-made packaging solutions. FP International finds its origin in the USA and has (production) facilities in France, Germany and the Netherlands. For our subsidiary in Heerlen, we are looking for a:
FILM DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
“Extrusion Process Expert with strong interpersonal skills”
In this interesting position you translate market requirements in to finish products and develop film for FPs unique applications and equipment. As a true extrusion process expert you will work closely with film suppliers. Jointly you innovate film recipes in order to exceed our customer expectations. You manage projects and collaborate with team members of project management, machine engineering, process engineering, manufacturing and quality within Europe and the US.
You report into the QA & Engineering Manager.
What do you do?
What do we require?
- Translate customer requirements in to specifications;
- Develop innovative and unique applications;
- Develop Alpha design of new film products/features in collaboration with team members;
- Evaluate the feasibility/reliability of concepts and alpha designs through engineering/product;
- Support in developing process settings, process equipment for film extrusion
- testing and analysing film products consistent with specifications;
- Develop timelines and cost estimates for projects;
- Provide input in to the calculations of COGM;
- Pre validate the alpha design;
- Transfer the pre validated prototype to the quality department;
- Document the projects.
- Research for new opportunities on supplier market
- Support in RCA
- Validate suitability in conversion of film in customer process.
What do we offer you?
- Bachelor’s/master level in Process Engineering with knowledge of plastics;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Process Engineer within a film development environment;
- Familiar with development and simulation methodologies;
- Knowledge of film properties and it’s measurement techniques;
- Self-starter with hands on skills;
- Strong relationship building skills with co-workers, suppliers, customers.
- Feeling for mechanical engineering
Are you interested?
- Favorable working conditions: great culture, good pension scheme, 24 free days and 12 ADV days;
- Work for an innovative, international, growing organization (occasional travel);
- Training and development opportunities.
You can sent your c.v. and motivation letter in English by using our Online Application Form
. Online Application Form. For questions and more information about the Film Development Engineer vacancy, please contact Wiel van der Meer (QA & Engineering Manager) on phone number 045-5667415. Go to website