Flash is the urgent transport specialist. The group is made up of the long-established companies Flash Europe and Flash Taxicolis (formerly Taxicolis) and Roberts Europe (Maastricht). With 450.000 special deliveries last year, Flash is one of the largest operators in this sector in Europe. In addition to direct deliveries, the range of services offered include air charter logistic services (with its own Charter Department), onboard courier services as well as multi-modal transport.
ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR (M/F)
We are looking to reinforce our team in Maastricht with an Accounting Supervisor who will support the biggest and probably the most demanding and exciting business of the group.
Provide financial guidance for multi-disciplinary groups in the business unit. Provide analytical support relating to BU activity and projects in terms of project costing and financial management. Provide analysis and recommendations regarding the BU financial performance. Under the responsibility of the Chief Accounting Officer, you will be in charge of Accounting for entities managed in Maastricht office.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts;
- Prepares monthly account analysis of profit & loss statement and balance sheet accounts;
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the BU based on research and data reports;
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported;
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies;
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations;
- Estimate, analyse, interpret every month the turnover of the countries and the progression vs the previous exercise and the budget forecast;
- Provide insightful information to managers and Director of BU to assist in forecasting and budgeting;
- Act as a business partner with managers of the BU to understand their operations and help them making the right business decisions based on your financial input;
- Collaborate with the Group Finance department to keep consistent communication and reporting process;
- Perform administrative duties as required.
This role will require a deep understanding of the company’s operations and an ability to link this to the appropriate accounting and tax treatment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparation of month, quarter and year-end closings;
- General accounting, accruals, cut-off and balance sheets review;
- Taxes: Recurring taxes preparation and delivery, other taxes like CIT together with tax advisor;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly management and treasury reports;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and revised forecasts.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system;
- Manage ICO reconciliations;
- Active Participation to the SAP implementation.
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Auditing or Business Administration;
- First proven experience (4-6 years) in controlling in a complex and international environment;
- Confident in forecasting and preparing budgets;
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills to liaise daily with operational managers;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work to multiple deadlines
- Will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership
- Ability to work under own initiative whilst collaborating effectively in a team
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task while maintaining excellent attention to detail as well as keeping the global picture
- Confidence to uphold finance policies and procedures throughout the business
- Accuracy and high attention to detail;
- Business acumen;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong systems skills (Excel and ideally SAP), good knowledge of accounting by cost center and other analytic segments;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, ideally also fluent in French. Additional languages are always a bonus.
This role is tailor-made for an experienced controller, looking to have a real impact and advise the business leaders with a strategic approach. Can you work with a high level of autonomy?
If you think this description looks exactly like the perfect fit, please apply now via firstname.lastname@example.org
including your short motivation letter in which you state your experience on the specific responsibilities (your application needs to be in English). Do you want more information please call Vera Vos, senior HR Officer, on +31 6 5320 2706.
Acquisition will not be appreciated!